Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CCC#12 Chipped Enamel

Fun Compendium of Curiosities #12 Chipped Enamel. I'm having a great time doing these challenges. Thanks Linda at Studio L3 for getting me off the couch each night and for hosting this superb event! (I don't get to use superb much, so I like to work it in when warranted ;) I used spin sugar, victorian velvet, barn door and fired brick on the background. I stamped t!m's Urban Chic heart and scrolls in Walnut ink. I embossed with 'diamonds in the rough' plate and spritzed the tag with glimmer mist. The number, key and lock plate are done in walnut stain and tea dye.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CCC #11 Blended Batik

Linda's Studio L3 Compendium of Curiosities Challenge week 11! A couple more weeks and I'll have a trained habit, and this is good habit too. Ok, about my tag this week, I used mustard seed, rusty hinge and wild honey distress inks. That's supposed to be honey dripping. Ok I'll admit that it didn't come out like I visualized it in my head, on any of the four tries. Oh well, that's art for ya. It was an interesting technique though, and one I'll try again, later. It was fun, and it was a good distraction from the less fun parts of the day. Enjoy the sweet life.

Monday, August 16, 2010

CCC#10 Distress Stickles

This week, number 10, Linda taught me a new word, "sticklize" as she set out another Compendium of Curiosities challenge, distress stickles. I had to think on this one a bit since I am not prone to glitter, although I make no judgement on those who do ; ) On this tag, I sticklized a crackled blue bird with weathered wood and the distressed flowers with mustard seed. Both colors of the glitter are hard to see in this picture, but they did add an interesting depth to the finished project. I weathered the whole lot with pumice stone, I love the taupe color in the ink. I'll keep this technique in mind, and see if I can't add little more glitter to my life. Anyway, enjoy.... I've got to go clean the glitter out of my applicator, (from under my fingernails).

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

CCC#9 Distress Crackle

Distress crackle is interesting stuff. I globbed some on these grungepaper, sizzix die cut puzzle pieces. Then I used the same colors in the distress inks for the tag background, stamped the words, ran the tag through the Tim Holtz texture fades patchwork embossing template and sanded the images. Fun for a Tuesday night after a long work day. And now I get to go peruse everyone else's inspiring pieces!

Monday, August 2, 2010

CCC#8 Inking Grunge

CCC#8 Inking Grunge. I raced home from work tonight to try technique number eight. Another one that I have never done before, but whose counting, they've all been FUN! I inked up the grungepaper dragonfly with peeled paint and dusty concord. I used leftovers from the alcohol ink monoprinting behind the wings, on top of a distress embossed powder leftover tag. ( I made dinner fresh though, no leftovers there ; ) Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one.