Monday, June 28, 2010
Well hum.... I thought this would be simpler. I tried more ink, less ink, different color combos, some were muddy or too metallic. Then, when I got a background I liked I had trouble stamping on it. It was fun doing the free form thing, I spinned the paper, swirled it figure eight-ed it... This was the best that I produced. I will have to re-explore this technique when I have more time and patience. I would love to know what you did to master the monoprinting.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
I stamped the umbrella man on acetate and flipped it over so that I could add the fragment without smearing the ink, so the #13 is backward. I know that may freak some people out.... but it doesn't bother me a bit! The column of fragments contains three stamped and two backed with ribbon. The whole piece is alot of color for me normally, but that's just one of the fun things about this challenge. I guess that I have to go on vacation next week, so I will miss the challenge, but I will enjoy seeing everyone's contributions.
Well, this is basic but I thought it was interesting. I stamped the landscape on acetate, placed it over a torn paper skyline, flipped the acetate over and stuck down the fragments. Fun, but I think I can't get the water stamping out of my mind!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
I finished up one I started the other day. I was going to throw it out, but thought better of it today. I liked the idea of water stamping an image and then shadow stamping the image in ink slightly offset. It's kindof hard to tell that's what I was going for here... but my house critic liked it so......
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Water Stamping Challenge -
This was the first time I've used this technique, it took three tries to get what I had imagined. I liked the bleached look as a background the most. Many of the Compendium techniques are new to me, so I am looking forward trying them all and seeing everyone else's too. It's truly inspiring!