Monday, September 27, 2010
Some of you are on a cruise with Tim and a bunch of other lucky dogs. hum... Well I'm having some fun of my own here with Challenge #16 and I won't get seasick either! After a long relaxing weekend in the mountains I'll top the break off with Wrinkle Free Distress before going back to work tomorrow. I used antique photo, brushed burlap and faded jeans inks along with some of Tim's stamps. I didn't get the less is more part here, it seemed like I dabbed in the ink for a while. I like the effect, there is alot of texture in the background, big smears, little dots etc. Fun again!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Alcohol Ink Agate on Grunge, technique number 15, it too is new to me. I was surprised at the cool metallic effect. I used gold, wild plum, stream, red pepper, and raisin DI's. Fortunately, Gloria at All Things Tim Yahoo group sent me some blank dotted grungeboard, so I used that for the entire tag and stamped Tim's images on an acetate over-tag. Then I added some additional bling to emphasize the metallic look, which didn't photo so well. It was definitely another fun project! Now over to Linda's Studio L3 site to check you all out.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Ok, I resisted long enough. I kept thumbing through my Halloween stamps and I liked the web mask, so this is what I pulled together for week 14. You can't see all of the "like" tags hanging off the sides, but I decided to go with variety of things rather than just having them all say chocolate! I used peeled paint and spiced marmalade inks. The stamps are by Inkadinkadoo. Now off to view all of the good stuff at Linda's Studio L3.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Grungepaper Flowers CCC#13. I was out of town this week, so all I could do is read about the challenge on Monday. I pondered two possible options while miles away from all my equipment. As soon as I got home today I got to work. Right away a couple of things I didn't ponder... Whoops! I thought the dress stamp ( Inkadinkadoo by Dawn Hauser) was larger and mistake number two was that I could not hand punch smaller flowers out of the grungepaper. I imagined creating a sea of flowers down the side of the dress and piling up at the bottom of the tag. I had to regroup and rework the idea, so here it is. I used Victorian Velvet, Aged Mahogany and Tumbled glass inks. I ran the dress through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. It was, again, a fun project, and now I get to go check out all the pieces at Linda's Studio L3! It just gets better!