Abstract landscape number 3 was a struggle which I worked through and eventually enjoyed. I painted over most parts and started over, and I learned that's ok. Nobody even knows, or cares.... I had the hang up about not getting it right the first time, or second, or third, etc big deal! I kept going until I got something I'm pretty happy with and had fun doing.
Sunday, September 11, 2016
Thursday, September 8, 2016
This mosaic was made by designing nine different boards and then sticking them on to the larger backer board. I used cardboard for all the substrates. Which I covered in a collage of different book text, then spread on some paints with a pallette knife and sprayed them with Lindy's sprays. Finally, I designed each tile, then the backer and adhered the tiles.
These art journal pages are dylusions sprays, inks and paints through stencils. There are a lot of layers. It gets kind of muddy since I didn't dry the sprays between colors, so I covered them up with painting through the stencils. I also sketched the fashion stamps in white pen to try to lighten up the feel and used a black pen to doodle around some of the elements for interest. It was a fun and simple process.