Sunday, April 3, 2011

Ride On! - Grungy Monday

Inspiration from t!m's 2008 12 days of Christmas tag. I used the compass mask with worn lipstick and concord grape Di's. I had to use my new Jalopy die cut in my new Vagabond. I had an idea to get a cartoony car out a piece of junk mail I'd saved because I liked the paper. Am I the only crazy one who has a box of the crap around the craft room? I used the vintage letters die for the words. I taped some tie dyed duck tape to a piece of paper to cut the letters out of (I know, don't end a sentence in a preposition, sorry, that's just how it goes sometimes). The Vagabond just barely cut thru the duck tape. I'm lucky I didn't wreck the machine, that probably was not one of my best ideas. I think my imagination of this tag was much better than the execution. But you know at least I'm back in the game and looking forward to every minute of it. Tool over to Linda's and check out the other groovy things she has to show.

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a great tag! Love the words you did.Your masking looks terrific! What you only have 1 box of crap? lol..Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag so vibrant glad you didn't wreck your vagabond with the tape letters, which look fab btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelann, you did a fabulous job of taking Tim's example and putting your own unique and brilliant spin on it! I love the paper your used for the jalopy die cut-- it's perfect for this cool tag! The masking and letter look fabulous, too.

    I'm with Donna: Just ONE box of crap?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brillian tag, I love your bright colours and larger than life sentiment.
    Only 1 box of crap - how tidy are you lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool. I love how you did the jalopy!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?