Sunday, May 15, 2011

Grungy Monday #6 Wood-grain and Ma Kettle's romantic advice


On this last day of Grungy Monday I have managed to get a woodgrain background incorporated into a romantic theme? Well, that is if you see Ma Kettle as a romance advisor.... she says, "True love stories never have endings" and she definitely fits with wood-grain. Since Ididn't have the dabber color Tim demo'd, I reconstituted my Eggplant dabber and combined it with Milled Lavender and Walnut DI's, along with some Holtzian embellishments. I really liked this picture from the cover of a local magazine, representing strong women from history, for Mother's day, (expect to see more of these ladies in my projects).

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Ma Kettle!!! Does she bring back memories!! ;-) Beautiful wood grain on this tag...the entire tag is a fabulous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tag - not sure who Ma Kettle was but she was clearly a woman who knew her own mind! Think you did a better job of the background than I did on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great for the technique... don't think we has to use the same colours actually... well I didn't!! Thanks for your visit and kind comments
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag! Great images and great technique. Looked around yr blog and really lliked it so now I follow you! gerri :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great results on the technique. I played and played - posted the best of the bunch.... I have Ma and Pa Kettle on the Farm on DVD if you'd like to borrow it? Love the image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fabulous, Shelann! I love the Ma Kettle image and her wise advice, and the faux woodgrain is perfect! I love the Idea-ology pieces and the yellow rickrack, too. Great, job!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?